Model Based Development (MBD) can result in average costs savings of 25%-30% and time savings of 35%-40% (according to a global study by Altran Technologies, the chair of software and systems engineering and the chair of Information Management of the University of Technology in Munich).
Model Based Development (MBD) can result in average costs savings of 25%-30% and time savings of 35%- 40% (according to a global study by Altran Technologies, the chair of software and systems engineering and the chair of Information Management of the University of Technology in Munich). For embedded control and algorithm designers, the focus is on modelling, which has always been an essential part of the design process. The model-based design is a prominent change in embedded system development. In this context, when MBD is used effectively, it provides a single design platform to optimize overall system design. It helps embedded software developers to understand the difference between simulator and software development tool in order to create simulation models and check whether algorithms will work before the embedded code is written. Through virtual prototyping, system engineers can easily see whether the whole system (mechanical, electrical, and embedded software) will work as intended, even before the hardware is manufactured and available for testing.
No electronic product is without embedded systems in the market and massive progress is being made in automotive sector globally.
- Embedded systems industry will reach $360 billion by end of 2020.
- Jobs in embedded industry will reach to 12 Lakhs by 2020.
- Companies like TCS, Wipro, L&T, TATA, Elexsi, Infosys, Zensar, Tech Mahindra, Volvo, Airbus, Toshiba are investing heavily in their embedded systems operations in India.
- Mobile manufacturers like Foxcon are setting up their plant in India.
- Introduction of Model-based software development with MATLAB/ Simulink
- Safety-related development in compliance with ISO 26262
- ISO 26262 – compliant development process
- Implementing Software Architecture in Models
- Analysis and Evaluation of model architecture
- Ensuring Model quality with modelling guidelines
- Tool Qualification in Compliance with ISO 26262
- Ensuring model quality with model testing
- Detailed design in model-based development in compliance with ASPICE 3
Best from the Industry are on their way, STAY TUNED!!