Embedded software designs such as automotive systems have become highly complex to develop, test and certify. As a result, the traditional document driven environments, without coordination among involved developers, are quality and costs associated with the lifecycle of such embedded software programs.
Embedded software designs such as automotive systems have become highly complex to develop, test and certify. As a result, the traditional document driven environments, without coordination among involved developers, are quality and costs associated with the lifecycle of such embedded software programs. In this context, model-based design (MBD) processes when used effectively, provide a unified design environment so that developers can use a single set of models for their entire lifecycle for requirements validation, data analysis, model visualization, testing and validation, and ultimately product deployment, with or without automatic code generation. Model-based design is a framework for virtual prototyping of embedded software. MBD has evolved to overcome the difficulties and complexities that typically occur during the design lifecycle of embedded software for closed-loop control systems or DSP applications. Such software needs to be designed in an iterative manner with extensive involvement of multi-disciplinary teams. In most of the practical scenarios, such embedded software design needs to start (as well as tested) before physical prototypes and systems are available. With traditional design processes, the discovery of errors in design and requirements are found late in the design cycle, which may result in expensive delays. MBD framework targets to address such issues early in the design phase and it can significantly minimize the re-work in the later phase of the life cycle.
No electronic product is without embedded systems in the market and massive progress is being made in automotive sector globally.
- Embedded systems industry will reach $360 billion by end of 2020.
- Jobs in embedded industry will reach to 12 Lakhs by 2020.
- Companies like TCS, Wipro, L&T, TATA, Elexsi, Infosys, Zensar, Tech Mahindra, Volvo, Airbus, Toshiba are investing heavily in their embedded systems operations in India.
- Mobile manufacturers like Foxcon are setting up their plant in India.
- Model in Loop Testing (MIL)
- Software in Loop Testing (SIL)
- Hardware in Loop Testing (HIL)
- Processor in loop testing (PIL)
- Simulink Design Verifier
- Verification and Validation (V&V) of MATLAB Simulink Models
Tools: CANTATA, RTRT, Polyspace, MX-Suite
Best from the Industry are on their way, STAY TUNED!!