AUTOSAR (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture) is a standardization initiative of leading automotive manufacturers and suppliers that was founded in the autumn of 2003.
AUTOSAR (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture) is a standardization initiative of leading automotive
manufacturers and suppliers that was founded in the autumn of 2003.
The sole objective of AUTOSAR is to establish a common standard among the manufacturers, software suppliers and
tool developers, retaining the competition so that the end outcome of business is not altered in the process.
The need for AUTOSAR:
One might wonder does automotive industry really needs such a complex infrastructure? With the increase in demand
for intelligence and safer, smarter vehicles the competition is only going to increase in coming days. All the
intelligence and vehicle functions are not implemented by single authority, i.e.: Consider a Car X, which has Airbags,
Electronic injection system, etc. All of these individual features are implemented on different ECUs by different
automotive industries. The ways each of them is implemented are no longer independent. The same holds good for
software development process even. Until recently the software developed were only targeted to deliver the intended
functionalities without taking into account of how it affects the system. To further complicate matters a lot of
functionalities are distributed over various ECUs across different vehicle networks (CAN, LIN, MOST, etc.). This
became a more critical problem with the increase in non-standard development procedures. These formed underlying
reasons for emergence of AUTOSAR.
No electronic product is without embedded systems in the market and massive progress is being made in automotive sector globally.
- Embedded systems industry will reach $360 billion by end of 2020.
- Jobs in embedded industry will reach to 12 Lakhs by 2020.
- Companies like TCS, Wipro, L&T, TATA, Elexsi, Infosys, Zensar, Tech Mahindra, Volvo, Airbus, Toshiba are investing heavily in their embedded systems operations in India.
- Mobile manufacturers like Foxcon are setting up their plant in India.
- Introduction & Methodology
- Advantages of AUTOSAR architecture
Overview and data exchange formats (ECU extract, ECUC, System description) AUTOSAR Architecture
- Introduction to various layers of AUTOSAR
- Introduction to AUTOSAR technical concepts like BSW, RTE, SWC
- Introduction to design and development of various BSW modules
- Demonstration on configuration of BSW modules using AUTOSAR configuration tools
- AUTOSAR technical concepts like SWC, Runnable, Ports, Interfaces, etc.,
- Demonstration on configuration & design of SWC
- Demonstration on configuration of OS(mapping of tasks, events, etc.,)
AUTOSAR Communication Stack
- Introduction to AUTOSAR communication stack and data flow between the layers of
- Configuration of various modules of communication stack(e.g.: MCU, COM, PDUR, CAN, CANIF, CANTP)
Best from the Industry are on their way, STAY TUNED!!